For consideration for admission into the EOSDN Supervisory Officer’s Qualifications Program, the candidate must first submit proof of meeting each the following criteria, as stipulated in Ontario Regulation 176/10, section 35 (3) and (4). Original documentation and transcripts are required.
- The candidate holds an acceptable post-secondary (university) degree (or equivalent as deemed by the OCT Registrar)
- The candidate holds a Certificate of Qualification and Registration with entries showing:
- qualification in the intermediate division in a general education subject listed in Schedule A or qualification in grades 9 and 10 in a technological education subject listed in Schedule B
and qualifications in any two of:
- the primary division
- the junior division
- the senior division in a general subject listed in Schedule A or grade 11 and 12 in a technological education subject listed in Schedule B
- or qualifications deemed by the OCT Registrar to be equivalent to those listed in this section
- The candidate has at least five years of successful classroom teaching experience in a school providing elementary or secondary education, verified by the appropriate supervisory officer/official
- The candidate holds a Master’s Degree that required completion of at least 30 graduate post-secondary credits (or equivalent), or a Doctorate, where the degree was granted by a university that meets the definition in clause (a) or (b) of section 1(1) of Regulation 176/10 and
- The credits were completed in addition to any credits required for the general certificate of qualification and registration (i.e. normally, credits completed as part of the pre-service university program)
The candidate meets one or more of the following criteria:
The candidate holds,
- an Elementary School Principal's Certificate;
- a Secondary School Principal's Certificate; Type A;
- a Secondary School Principal's Certificate, Type B, or;
- a Secondary School Principal's Certificate.
- The candidate holds principal's qualifications (Parts 1 and 11)
- The candidate holds qualifications to be a principal from a jurisdiction outside Ontario, as verified by the appropriate supervisory official or the OCT Register has deemed that the candidate has experience outside Ontario that is deemed equivalent to holding qualifications
- The candidate holds specialist or honours specialist qualifications in one or more subjects and has, in addition to the five years of experience required above, at least two school years of successful experience as a teacher appointed by a school board to supervise or co-ordinate a subject or program or to act as a consultant for the teachers of a subject or program, as verified by the appropriate supervisory officer/official. (Or the OCT Registrar had determined that the candidate’s qualifications and experience gained from outside Ontario are equivalent) (Note: having qualifications in three subjects from Schedule F is deemed equivalent to one specialist or honour specialist qualification)
The candidate has, in addition to the five years of experience required above, at least two years of experience:
- as an education officer employed by the Ministry of Education as verified by a District Manager or Branch Director of the Ministry, or as an employee outside Ontario in a position that the Registrar
- or as an employee outside Ontario in a position that the Registrar considers equivalent to the position of supervisory officer of a school board, as verified by the appropriate supervisory official
- or as a program consultant seconded to the Ministry of Education for French language, English language, or Native language programs, as verified by a District Manager or a Branch Director of the Ministry, or as an employee outside Ontario in a position that the Registrar considers equivalent.
- or in an education-related leadership experience in an educational organization in a position that the Registrar considers comparable to these positions.
- The candidate holds,
A candidate who is accepted into the program has five years from the commencement date of the first module taken to complete the Program.
Admission into the EOSDN Supervisory Officer Qualifications Program occurs only when the candidate has submitted full, original documentation as required by Regulation 176/10.
Academic Candidates: Contact the Ontario College of Teachers for additional information.